Friday, November 24, 2006

Giving Thanks


Thursday, November 23 ~ Sedona, Arizona

It's Thanksgiving Day here in the United States -- a day, like others in other countries, set aside as a celebration of gratitude.

Even though I do my best to be thankful all year round, it feels appropriate to specifically add my gratitude today to that of so many.

Of course, I have so much more gratitude than I can catalog in a few lines: for my health, for my abundance in all its forms, for the journeying that has connected me with so many of you and with so much of this wondrous earth, for all the ways I have been taken care of and all the miracles that continuously flow through me, and for all other gifts with which I have been blessed.

At the top of the list, though, is my daughter.

I never planned to be married; I never expected to be a parent. And even though the marriage has ended and I'm only a part-time, on-the-road parent, my relationship with my daughter has only deepened with the passage of time.

For her enduring presence in my life, there are no words to express my gratitude, other than to say, Thank you, Guinevere. I love you.

2 comments:

Deleted Blog said...

This is a lovely post Mark.

I understand about the abundant gratitude.

It's always nice to hear about a man loving his child/children and appreciating his relationship with them.

Anonymous said...

A year later and another Thanksgiving is approaching. This time, I'm grateful to be able to welcome my daughter into her own room in my house....a pleasant (and grounding) change from three years as a full-time roadie!