Saturday, December 30, 2006

Another Thought for the New Year


Saturday, December 30 ~ Ojai, California

Another thought as I prepare myself for a new year and new vibration. The thought comes to me in the form of a song lyric from the 1983 movie musical Yentl, and it's in my head each time I wake up in a night filled with wakefulness.

It's in my head now.

With all there is
Why settle for
Just a piece of sky?


Too often in my life I have settled -- for less than I desire, for less than I deserve, for less than I believe I can afford....for less than the infinite possibility and potential waiting to realize through me.

Like Yentl, I won't do it any more.

If I have a New Year's resolution for 2007, it's expressed through that song:

I step into 2007, claiming and realizing more of my essential self, more of my creative power and more of the infinite resources always availlable to me...without settling for a just a piece of sky.

No comments: