Thursday, January 25, 2007

Right Time, Right Place

Monday, January 8 ~ Ojai, California

I hear Debbie, my downstairs neighbor starting her car and run outside to say hi. She was in Hawai'i when I moved in and we've barely seen each other since her return.

"I just thought it would be a good idea for you to have my phone number," I say, passing her my business card.

Moments later, I'm back in the house and there's a knock at the door.

It's Debbie. Clutching my card (which reads Writer • Inspirational Speaker & Mentor • Shamanic Sound Master/Healer • Visionary Artist), she exclaims, "God sent you here."

"God sends me wherever I go," I reply.

And it's true. As I've traveled the country over the past 25 months, I'm so often reminded of the perfection of where I am. Sometimes, it's the place. Sometimes, the people. Sometimes, I recognize that perfection. Often, I don't.

Today, even as I can't know why Debbie said what she said, even as I can't grasp all the reasons I'm in Ojai in this house at this time, her words remind me once again that I'm in the right place at the right time.

No comments: