Sunday, February 12, 2006

Chicken Soup for the Soul

Santa Fe, New Mexico

Since moving into my Santa Fe casita, I keep thinking about how nice it would be to have a pot of homemade chicken soup.

Even though a year on the road has eliminated any desire to cook, chicken soup is easy. And I make a pretty good one.

So every day I resolve to buy the ingredients. And every day I don’t.

Chicken soup is on my mind again this morning when there’s a knock on my door. When I open it, I see one of my building’s owners bearing a plastic storage container. “I thought you might like some homemade soup,” she says. It’s chicken soup.

Once again I’m amazed at how easy it can be to bring into the physical what we desire. Once again, I’m in awe at how wondrously I’m taken care of...when I allow it to be so.

No comments: