Thursday, May 04, 2006

Dolphin DNA


Saturday, April 29, 2006 ~ Pacific Grove, California

Long before any dolphins showed themselves on my dolphin/whale watch tour of California’s Monterey Bay last Sunday, I sensed their presence.

Most particularly, I sensed a small pod of dolphins swimming within me. The dolphins followed a DNA-like route that began at the soles of my feet, spiraled up to the top of my head, then returned to my feet. This pattern repeated more times than I could count as our boat chugged around the bay on its quest for physical whales and dolphins.

My conscious awareness of this activation had dissolved by the time hundreds of Pacific white-sided dolphins and northern right whale dolphins found us, about 90 minutes into our three-hour tour. And what a joyous and emotion-filled reunion it was!

You can view a larger version of this drawing, titled "Dolphin DNA," or purchase a copy, on my web site.

No comments: