Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Bella Fortuna


Wednesday, July 12, 2006 ~ Fortuna, California

The real reason I'm writing this right now is that I can't resist the opportunity to use the place line Fortuna.

Spending the night in a place called Fortuna, as I'm doing, reminds me of all the good fortune that travels with me -- despite the fears and emotional stresses of this physical and spiritual journey.

While I'm not always taken care of in ways I would humanly choose -- in ways that are comfortable -- I am always provided for. And while there are moments when my burden feels extraordinarily taxing, I know it is no heavier than yours...and much lighter than that borne by many.

In this moment, as dusk bathes nearby hills in golden light, I am grateful -- for this day, for this journey and for you.

No comments: