Friday, April 14, 2006

New Directions



Monday, April 10, 2006 ~ Santa Fe, New Mexico

I wake this morning to fragments of a dream triggered by last night's Advanced Mastery teleconference and by my impending departure from Santa Fe.

In the dream I'm packing my car for a journey to an unknown destination. I'm traveling with a friend, and as I finish loading the vehicle, I show her a drawing I have just completed.

The drawing is filled with arrows, and I tell her that it works with the energy of venturing into the unknown, of following an unknown star.

Although my waking mind lacks a clear image of the drawing in the dream, I know it's important for me to get it on paper. I know too that it's equally important for my ordered mind to let go of any need for my drawing to be identical to its dream counterpart.

All that matters is that it capture the energy of the dream — the energy of new directions and uncharted territory...the energy of leaping into the unknown...the energy of stepping into spiritual mastery.

And so, connecting with that energy, I set out my sketch pad and colors and...surrender.

The result is pictured above, what I've titled The Way of the Master, the Way of the Fool. (Click on the link to view a larger image or purchase a copy.) To me it represents the road to the infinite.

No comments: